The PEAK® supplement and Kratom are two supplements that have powerful mood enhancing and anxiolytic characteristics. Both of these nootropics are seen as fast-acting, effective solutions. However, they can seem very similar to one another at times. This article seeks to show the differences and similarities between Kratom and the PEAK® Supplement and compare them with other alternatives.
PEAK® Supplement vs Kratom
PEAK® is a natural supplement that works immediately – 15 minutes to 1 hour after dosing, you will begin feeling a slight “buzz” and the mood enhancingmood-enhancing effects will gradually begin to grow stronger. PEAK® is a “‘use as needed” supplement, unlike other supplements, you don’t need to take it every day to achieve the full anxiolytic benefits.
By combining the advantages of ten highly-researched natural ingredients, the PEAK® supplement provides the best of both worlds – fast anxiety relief WITHOUT the drowsiness or sleepiness.
Meanwhile, Kratom is a plant (one ingredient) that is native to Southeast Asia, with a scientific name of Mitragyna speciosa. Some people take it because it has similar effects to opioids, as well as having some stimulant effects depending on the dosage. It is usually used to ease pain, boost energy, and for recreation purposes.
These two nootropics are not closely related scientifically, but they have many characteristics that make them similar to one another.
These Include the Following:
- Both are natural. These two products are composed of naturally sourced ingredients. They both contain organic compounds, that are known for their cognitive effects
- Both produce euphoria. Although their ingredient profile is completely different from one another, they do have a common benefit: euphoria. When consumed, both of these products tend to produce slight euphoria (warm happy feeling) within hours of consumption.
- Both relieve stress. The PEAK® supplement and Kratom have powerful anti-anxiety benefits. People who consume them usually feel stress relief within hours of dosing (However, PEAK® seems to have a faster onset).
Of course, some major differences can be seen when looking at the PEAK® supplement vs Kratom. These are significant and should be kept in mind before trying them.
Major differences include:
- Addictive potential. In terms of addictive potential, PEAK® has been proven for safe regular use and transparently discloses its ten non-habit-forming ingredients to reinforce this claim. On the other hand, Kratom can be habit-forming and have the potential for abuse. This is due to the opioid-like effects of Kratom in the CNS, which is responsible for its illegality in many parts of the world.
- Legality. The PEAK® supplement is legal in all 50 states (USA) and virtually every country in the world. The science-backed supplement will never make you fail a drug test or get in trouble with the law. Hence, why many law enforcement and military personnel take PEAK® to take the edge off their stress-ridden jobs. The same cannot be said about Kratom. Mitragyna speciosa (Kratom) is illegal in 16 countries, including Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and several European countries. It is also banned in several states here in the US. These legislations are based on the fact that Kratom produces an opioid-like effect and thus has a high risk of addiction potential.
Top 3 Kratom Alternatives
Native to the South Pacific Islands, Kava has been said to help manage anxiety and promote a calmer mind, making it a unique alternative to Kratom. Widely available in health food stores, it supports relaxation and anxiety relief. The downside to this kratom substitute is that just like Kratom, you need to prepare it in a drink form. This means, you can’t just throw it in your pocket or purse and take it on the go. Additionally, due to the way Kava stimulates the GABA receptors in the brain – it is not recommended for people who take psychiatric medications.
Blue Lotus flowers have been dried out and smoked for thousands of years. This plant is native to the Middle East and are routinely used for religious ceremonies. It is a potent relaxant and can also produce a strong euphoric rush when smoked. It’s not an alkaloid (Kratom), instead, it works by inhibiting an enzyme in the brain that flushes out serotonin and dopamine. The end result is an abundance of these neurotransmitters circulating in your bloodstream. Smoking Blue Lotus is great alternative to Kratom, in the sense that will help you feel relaxed and at ease. In higher doses, it can be sedating. Like Kava, due the effects on serotonin and dopamine, you should not consume it if you are taking psychiatric medication.
Here is a firsthand review on smoking Blue Lotus for stress relief.
The PEAK® Supplement
As you might have already learned, from reading the beginning of this article – the PEAK® supplement is a great safe alternative to Kratom. Aside from all the benefits we previously stated, PEAK® carries even some of the benefits Kava and Blue Lotus produce. PEAK® does affect the GABA and dopamine receptors in the brain, but not in an unnatural way like the former Kratom alternatives do. It optimizes your mesocorticolimbic dopaminergic system to perform its job at an even higher efficiency, without disrupting the natural homeostasis of the endocrine system. Thus, making this supplement safe and effective for people who take prescription medication as well. Best of all, the supplement comes in a convenient capsule form so that you can take it on the go for any occasion!
So, there you go. If you want to experiment with alternatives to Kratom – now you have a list to lead you in the right direction. Kava, Blue Lotus, and PEAK® all are effective in their own right. While don’t have scientific proof that Kava and Blue Lotus are as effective as they claim to be, we do have extensive research behind the formulation of the PEAK® supplement. Make sure to do your own research before deciding which Kratom alternative you want to try.